Make:: How to make your own polka dot plates
I was busy looking through a large kitchenware website the other day and came across some pretty polka dot plates. They were way too expensive for what I wanted and thought that they looked simple enough that I could make my own.
So I bought some ceramic glass paints and went to my local thrift store and bought a serving plate for $2.50! I then proceeded to make my own polka dot plates.
- A clean ceramic plate/cup/mug/bowl etc
- Ceramic paints (I used some by Martha Stewart)
- Cotton buds
- Thoroughly clean and dry your plate.
- Dip the cotton wool buds into the ceramic paint.
- Dot paint randomly onto your plate.
- Leave to dry for 24hrs
- Bake you plate in the oven according to the instructions. Please note: Start with a cold oven and put your plate into it. If you put your plate into a warm oven the plate may crack.
- Take out and cool.
- It's now ready for use.
Like this post? Please share it around.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin