Tutorial:: Blueberry Girls free printable cutlery holder
Looking for something to decorate the brunch table for Mother's Day on Sunday?
How about a very easy and quick Blueberry Girls Cutlery Holder? I think Mum, or perhaps your BFF, will really love them.
Would you like to see how to make them?
Here's what you'll need....
Download your free Cutlery holder design (either click on the the image below and then right click, or if you prefer, you can grab your PDF pattern here ) It prints to your standard A4 paper size, but I think if you are in the States, the standard paper size is different. I think I've worked it out so it will still print everything, but maybe the instructions may get a little cropped.
Some card stock- you can also just use regular paper, but I liked mine a still bit stiff. Remember, not too thick as it still has to pass through your printer.
Glue or your trusty sewing machine
How to make...
1. Print the cutlery holder, as many as you need, onto regular A4 paper or card stock.
2. Cut out around the whole design.
3. Carefully fold in half along the fold line. Press firmly.
4. Either use your sewing machine and stitch along the 2 edges shown-leaving the top open, or, you can glue along the side and bottom.
5. TA-DA! Finished. Slip some cutlery in and place on the table to make your setting look fabulous. I served my brunch to the Girls on a French bread board, a.k.a Jamie Oliver style, so we could all join in and share together.
I must say, the Girls and I had a great morning preparing for this tutorial and setting up for the photography. I think they got a little carried away...
We had picked up the croissants from one of our faaaavourite patisseries-"The Gumnut Patisserie-" and found some delicious, local, handmade raspberry jam, on one of our weekend jaunts to the Southern Highlands. And, can you see the butter balls? The Girls whipped these up using my fruit baller and cold butter. They quickly dipped the baller into hot water and then in the butter to make the butter look a bit special for brunch.
There was lots of fun,giggles and gossip involved...a very enjoyable morning.
What will you be doing this Sunday?
P.S-Look out for more table decoration ideas in the next upcoming posts.