Home Sweet Home Recipe :: Blueberry Crumb Cake
Here's a delicious Home Sweet Home recipe...yummy Blueberry Crumb cake...the Red Brolly way!
A simple and very scrumptious coffee cake overloaded with piles of blueberries bursting through. Lovely to take to morning tea and share over a cup of tea and a chat. Nothing fancy, but very delicious. There are several varieties around, but this is the one that I love and make it my way.
How to make...
Cream sugar and flour together in a mixer.
Add egg and vanilla. Mix together until combined.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add to the butter mixture.
Slowly pour in the milk.
Grease a baking tray and spread batter out into tray.
In a separate bowl, mix blueberries with the sugar. Sprinkle bluberries over the batter. Press them into the batter a little bit. They should make a thick layer.
To make the crumble topping. In a bowl put the butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and coconut.
Use your fingers and rub the butter until you get something that resembles lumpy breadcrumbs.
Keep going...not quite there yet!
Whilst your waiting...
Serve warm and fresh from the oven, with some lovely freshly whipped cream!
For the cake:-
100 grams butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour (all-purpose)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
2 tabs sugar
2 cups blueberries
100 grams butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup coconut
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
2. Sift flour, cinnamon & baking powder and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar together in a mixer.
4. Add egg and vanilla. Mix
5. Add flour mixture alternating with milk. Mix after each addition.
6. Spread mixture into prepared cake tin.
7. In a separate bowl, mix blueberries and sugar. Spread over the top of the cake batter. Make a thick layer and press some into the batter.
8. To make the topping, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and rub butter into flour mixture using your fingers, until a lumpy breadcrum texture is reached.
9. Sprinkle over the top of the blueberries.
10. Bake in the oven for 45-50 mins, until golden brown.
11. Serve warm with some freshly whipped cream and a cup of coffee.