Home Sweet Home :: Rocky Road Morsels
It's been awhile since I did a recipe, but here's a lovely little treat for your next stitching gathering. Just bite size enough, without having too much. Gotta love Rocky Road...and it's very easy to make too!
And please forgive the photos it's been a bit of a hectic week...
Ok...here's what you'll need.
Chocolate-I used milk and white, but really you could use whatever you like.
Crushed nuts- I used peanuts, but upon thinking about it in hindsight, pistachios would look great.
A jar, long necked bottle, foam etc- Something to stick skewers into whilst chocolate is setting.
Method...sooo easy peasy...
1. Melt your milk chocolate.
2. Place a marshmallow onto the skewer, just enough so the tip doesn't point through.
3. Tip marshmallow into chocolate and swirl around a little bit to ensure there's a generous covering over the marshmallow.
4. Place skewer with chocolate covered marshmallow into a jar and allow to try. Repeat with all the marshmallows.
5. Now melt the white chocolate and chop glace cherries in half.
6. When the milk chocolate has set, get a spoon and drizzle over the white chocolate, sprinkle with crushed nuts and place a glace cherry on top. Allow to set.
7. Voila! Rocky Road morsels...one delicious mouthful, and you don't need to worry about getting chocolate on your fingers and transferring it onto your stitching.
HA! You probably wouldn't even need to stop stitching. Just grab a skewer and keep on going...perfect!