As part of the new category on the blog-”Organic Home-” I’ll be sharing with you hints and tips on how to live organically and lead a more simplified life. Part of the Red Brolly “Make life lovely” campaign!
This D.I.Y strawberry skin cream is all natural and chemical free. It’s made using anti-oxidant packed strawberries, which are known for their cleansing, anti-aging and blemish banishing properties. This skin cream is intensely moisturising, beautifully creamy and smells divine! It’s perfect for applying after a long soak in your evening bath. Wrap it up with a bathrobe or a luxury towel to make a great pamper gift pack for someone special this Valentine’s Day.
Makes about 400 grams
1. In a bain-marie, or in a double boiler of barely simmering water, place the oils, shea butter and beeswax.
2. Gently melt everything together and remove from heat. Leave to cool until room temperature.
3. Place the strawberries in a food processor and pulse until they reach a very smooth consistency. Push through a sieve to remove all of the seeds. You will need about 100ml of strawberry puree.
4. Mix the rose water and benzoin tincture together. Pierce the vitamin E capsules and squeeze into the rose water mixture.
5. Add the strawberry essence.
6. Scrape the oil mixture into the processor and process for 1 minute on top speed. With the motor running, pour the strawberry mixture slowly into the oil mixture.The tip here is to remember to pour slowly as it’s a bit like making mayonnaise- you need to make an emulsion.
7. Spoon into cold, sterilised jars. Seal tight and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.